Wednesday, January 31, 2007

11 in 11

Just trying to keep the running going - it can be tough. I've got 30 miles to do this week and have a floating 10 in there somewhere - it was Wednesday then moved to Thursday but now will probably be Saturday. 5 on Sunday, 4 on Monday, Tuesday I was a bit tired so I went out to dinner with people, which left 21 miles to be run in 4 days. Then the social invitations started coming in - Friday is a going away for someone, now so is Thursday for someone else, and Saturday is Saturday. Have to run on Wednesday but then I get a call to go out to the pub. Nope.. not gonna do it. I'm running.

Had to eat first because I was quite hungry so I was holding off my run until 8pm, went out did the 5, felt pretty good. Now I have 16 miles left, 2-3 nights of going out in a row, and 2 8am meetings in a row. Let's do an early morning 6 on Thursday to try to stay ahead.

I set the alarm for 5:30, got out of bed at 5:43, wandered around the apartment until I sort of woke up, checked email, planned my route on usatf.org, and hit the road around 6:10. 40 minutes from alarm to running - I'm going to have to work on that. Not quite the 4am 7 miler and be at work by 7 that I used to do in Boston.

But I kicked out the 6 along the beach, am at 20 for the week, can do the 10 on Saturday, and go out the next 2 nights.

Between 8pm Wed and 7am Thurs I ran a 5 and a 6 and that's what the 11 in 11 is.

1 comment:

Traveling Bonbon said...

I like the weekly mileage goals. Yes, I know they are not a new thing, but I am thinking that is something I need to do rather than x number of days a week.