Sunday, January 21, 2007

Today is a new day

Last week definitely did not go as planned. It was a strong start and a strong death. As you know last Sunday I ran 2 hours in the muddy trails of Bald Hill followed by my first run of the snowboarding season. After that I had great intentions to finish the week strong. I just didn't realized how strongly my body felt in putting it's efforts into not doing anymore exercise.

I had great intentions for meeting up with Nike Town on Wednesday, even though they were only reporting 15 degrees, my bag was packed and I stayed late at work. This is where my mistake was made. I ended up working on a presentation that I was to give on Friday with a coworker. We were intent on getting the presentations materials done that night and well I lost track of time. Since I was so intent on running that night I figured I could just head to the gym instead. Of course this did not happen. My bag was packed for the cold, fierce, frigid air of the night and that meant I would have to go home and change. In route to heading home I also realized I was desperate to fill my cupboards with food. The food one and I stopped at the grocery store instead. The rest of the week went down from there.

Today, is a new day and a new week. After doing some cleaning, finding out that my sink drain has a leak and paying some bills I suited up and headed for the gym today. After quite a few obstacles on the dreadmill I finally completed my 60 minute hill run and set the bar for the week. As I mentioned I had a few obstacles on the treadmill and for this reason I have no idea what my mileage was. I could be upset by this, but what would that get me, instead I am just happy I did it. Hopefully next time I won't have to endure the same scenarios as today.

Sunday: 60 minute hill run (dreadmill)
Monday: Soccer
Tuesday: Dreadmill again...for how long...that I am not sure of yet.
Wednesday: Nike Town (most likely 3.5 mile)
Thursday: Dreadmill again, but this time it may just be to walk.
Friday: Off
Saturday: Off - heading to Attitash
Sunday: Sailing down the slopes of Attitash...yippee!

Countdown to the Vermont 100: 179 days

No comments: