Sunday, January 14, 2007

Just another day in the wet woods

I woke up a little on the frantic side this morning because I thought I had overslept. You've gotta love it when you are in a deep sleep and you hear the alarm and know that it is not the first time it has gone off! I popped right out of bed and ran straight to the closet because the next thing to figure out, after trying to figure out how I slept through my alarm, was what to wear.

The temp was just over 30 degrees and misty. Even though it was a bit on the chilly side I still opted for some capri's, short sleeves and a hoodie. Thankfully I packed my mittens, swix earmuffs (love them!) and a knitted hat, otherwise it would have been a miserable day. Even though people questioned my bare ankles, I have to say they were a pretty decent choice. My body was perfectly dressed for the run. :)

We headed out onto Bald Hill just past Cheryl and Eddies house in Boxford, MA. There were two groups, I opted for Jimmy's group that was doing 20 minutes on and 5 off. We ran mostly on the Bay Circuit, but there were a few times where we deviated from the the Circuit to venture off on some new trails.

It was misty, cold, wet and not quite miserably muddy, but definitely incredibly muddy! The shoes went out dry, but the feet definitely came back wet!

I am not sure about the distance we ran, if you can believe it I forgot to ask. I do know I ran 1:59:27 :) I am suspecting we did 8 to 10 miles, but that is just a guess.

The forecast for the week:
Monday: Sunday River for the first run of the season...keep your fingers crossed for me.
Tuesday: Off day
Wednesday: Nike Town
Thursday: Potentially going to hit BRG for a night of climbing
Friday: ?
Saturday: ?

No comments: