Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Back in PA and DE

I know this site is dedicated to running, but I have been doing everything but running lately. I have been walking, swimming, rollerblading, using the eliptical machine and recumbant cycling.

This week I find myself in PA...actually, Delaware too. It is technically where I am sleeping anyway. I am proud to say I packed the work out close and hit the eliptical. Met a driver for the Brian Setzer Orchestra too. Seemed nice enough and he even had some good touring stories. Last year he was with Sting.

Anyway, what have I done over the last week. Let's see last Wednesday night I did the typical Thanksgiving eve night out on the town. Actually night and next morning out on the town. I think I got home around ...oh 3:00 or was it 3:45? Regardless, when the alarm went off at 7 am it was freaking early! I did it though, all for the sake of exercise. I promised my mom I would head out on her 10 mile run with her. Don't get ahead of yourselves ... I am barely running yet so there was no way I would have kept up with her for 10 miles. Instead I ventured out on her recumbant bike. Let me tell you for anyone thinking of just hoping on one of those babies and just taking off ... think again. It does take some thinking to get this bad boy going (especially uphill). You (well, I) took for granted how much I really do rely on my handlebars. haha

Everytime I went up hill I would rely on my handle bars to use as the extra umph! Well, thank god there was few people on the road when I was going uphill b/c I would have been street pizza! There were a few close calls, but nothing major. The major bad thing about that morning though, was that I completely forgot my helmet. For those that know me pretty well, they are aware of the fact that I have had enough head injuries in my life that I am lucky I don't have to wear a helmet as part of my daily attire!

All in all it was fun and a highly interesting ride. I recommend the challenge to any eager beavers looking for a new challenge. I managed the 10 miles with mom although half of it was in search of her since I set her out on her way before I hoped on the bike.


Friday was a day of running around shopping and Saturday was a day full of running around work. No dedicated exercise that I can remember, but I am drawing a complete blank on Sunday. Ah, Sunday was a good hard day of rollerblading. I am not sure how many miles ... maybe 6, but it was intense none-the-less.
Oh and before I forget, for all you runners reading this site check out this site


My mom introduced me to it. Basically it is like any other running website where you can go on plot out where you ran and it will calculate your miles. The thing that makes this site a bit better than others is that it will calculate your pace and miles per hour. It also allows you to blog about how your run was. So in laments terms, it is an online running log (blog if you will). Sorry Lano, it is only for the US, Can-nadia and the UK. They do have an email for suggestions...maybe we can get the Land down undah added!

Monday was off...car issues
Tuesday was a travel day for work
Today, Wednesday was a day on the eliptical for 2.3 miles
as for the rest of the week ... I gotta be honest ... nothing
Tomorrow will be a travel day for work and Friday is our work holiday party. Unless you consider arm lifts to raise the drink to my mouth a form of exercise, then I think I got nothing till Saturday when I plan to hit the pool for a few laps.

Oh one last thing. I did sign up for a gym last Tuesday night so Monday and Friday Mornings I am going to attempt the Step Grooves + Body Conditioning class before work, run on off days and yoga classes at night. I may be getting ahead of myself here, but we'll see how that goes the week after next (when I am finally not traveling).


No comments: